At the Denver Children?s Advocacy Center (DCAC) we recognize that the local, national and global threat as a result of COVID-19 has all our lives in a constant state of change and, for many, increasing fear. We want you to know that we are part of a dedicated network of professionals and agencies in Denver and the Metro area that are committed to protecting the mental as well as physical health of our children, families and community.
Unfortunately, no matter what the circumstances, child abuse and neglect persist. Trauma does not take breaks. With the combination of layoffs, school closures and living in confined spaces, our children and families are stressed to the max. They need us now more than ever. DCAC is doing our part by:
- We will be available to support children and families who are under severe stress and may want face to face interactions.
- We will also continue to do intakes with new clients that need our services.
- Our forensic interview team is available, as always, and ready to respond to any needs for urgent interview services.
- Most of our community partners have closed for the coming weeks. We will not be traveling to provide services at community partner sites, even if they have not closed. We have also canceled all outreach meetings, fairs and trainings.
- The DCAC campus will remain partially open for the following activities: forensic interviews and therapy sessions for clients who cannot access teletherapy services. These services will be provided in a confined part of our campus that is getting cleaned after each use to reduce the further spread of germs.
- We will be posting resources for families struggling with access to food, childcare and other essential needs on our Facebook pages: Facebook.com/DCAC01 and Facebook.com/DCACapoyos
DCAC has been here for our children, families and community members for the past 25 years. We are here now under these most challenging times. We will rise up together.