Webinar: The Impact of Trauma on the Developing Child (ENGLISH) on March 15th, 2017 - *This training has reached capacity and is no longer accepting registration. Please email [email protected] to be placed on a wait-list. If an open spot becomes available it will be addressed from the wait-list. Thank you.*
Webinar: The Impact of Trauma on the Developing Child (SPANISH) on March 31st, 2017
The Impact of Trauma on a Young Child's Development on April 5th, 2017
Trauma-Informed Practices: Huerfano County on April 17th & 18th 2017
Trauma-Informed Practices: Alamosa County on April 19th & 20th, 2017
Toxic Love: When Offenders Enter the Family Systems on April 26th, 2017
Trauma-Informed Practices: Morgan County on May 15th & 16th, 2017
Trauma-Informed Practices: Bent County on June 12th & 13th, 2017
Trauma-Informed Practices: Otero County on June 13th & 14th, 2017
Trauma-Informed Practices: Prowers County on June 15th & 16th, 2017
Webinar: Trauma-Informed Care (ENGLISH) on July 26th, 2017
Webinar: Trauma-Informed Care (SPANISH) on July 28th, 2017
To register or learn more about a specific training, please click on the training title link.
DCAC provides training and consultation for professionals and community members about the causes of trauma, its impact on children, and how to build trauma-sensitive environments in day care, schools, homes, and anywhere that children live, learn and play.
We specialize in supporting adults who are not mental health specialists, but who work with traumatized children—day care providers, educators, foster parents, and people in law enforcement and social services. Even with the best intentions, adults can exacerbate, rather than ameliorate child trauma, especially if they are unaware that the child is traumatized.
Some training sessions qualify for continuing education credits.
Trainings that Fit Your Needs
In addition to regular workshops open to the public, DCAC offers consulting and custom training, including sessions in Spanish, to meet the needs of organizations throughout the state. To be notified of workshops in your area, sign up for DCAC’s training email.
The following workshop topics form DCAC’s core training curriculum. Workshops may be offered as is or customized to the specific needs of individual organizations. We are also happy to create new topics as needed. The majority of DCAC’s trainings are available in Spanish upon request.
- Signs & Symptoms of Child Abuse and Neglect
- A Developmental-Contextual Approach to Child Sexual Abuse
- Childhood Interrupted A Developmentally Informed, Biologically Respectful Approach
- Childhood Sexuality: From Normal to Problematic and Abusive
- The Developmental Impact of Maltreatment
- Trauma: Impact on the Developing Mind and Brain
- What Science Is Informing Us About Trauma
- But It’s Contagious! The Impact and Effects of Working and/or Living with Traumatized Children
- Invisible Trauma: The Trauma We Carry with Us Everyday
- Unconventional & Creative Strategies for Helping Traumatized Children and Their Families
- The Meaning of the Holidays for Traumatized Children