To register or learn more about a specific training, please click on the training title link or email Trainings@DenverCAC.org with any questions.
DCAC provides training and consultation for professionals and community members about the causes of trauma, its impact on children, and how to build trauma-sensitive environments in day care, schools, homes, and anywhere that children live, learn and play.
We specialize in supporting adults who are not mental health specialists, but who work with traumatized children—day care providers, educators, foster parents, and people in law enforcement and social services. Even with the best intentions, adults can exacerbate, rather than ameliorate child trauma, especially if they are unaware that the child is traumatized.
Some training sessions qualify for continuing education credits.
Trainings that Fit Your Needs
In addition to regular workshops open to the public, DCAC offers consulting and custom training, including sessions in Spanish, to meet the needs of organizations throughout the state. To be notified of workshops in your area, sign up for DCAC’s training email.
Webinar Training Videos
The following workshop topics form DCAC’s core training curriculum. Workshops may be offered as is or customized to the specific needs of individual organizations. We are also happy to create new topics as needed. The majority of DCAC’s trainings are available in Spanish upon request.
- Signs & Symptoms of Child Abuse and Neglect
- A Developmental-Contextual Approach to Child Sexual Abuse
- Childhood Interrupted A Developmentally Informed, Biologically Respectful Approach
- Childhood Sexuality: From Normal to Problematic and Abusive
- Trauma: Impact on the Developing Mind and Brain
- But It’s Contagious! The Impact and Effects of Working and/or Living with Traumatized Children
- Invisible Trauma: The Trauma We Carry with Us Every Day
- Unconventional & Creative Strategies for Helping Traumatized Children and Their Families
To view our complete list of past trainings, please click here.