Denver Children's Advocacy Center (DCAC) works to improve the lives of children traumatized by sexual abuse and violence - as well as those who are at high-risk - with prevention, education and direct services. Our mission is to: Prevent Abuse, Strengthen Families and Restore Childhood
Our goal is to ensure that every child in Denver and neighboring counties who has been traumatized by sexual abuse, or by witnessing homicide or domestic violence receives immediate, compassionate and effective investigation, assessment and, if needed, mental health treatment. DCAC never charges for its services and we never place time limits on healing.
DCAC is unique in that it provides:
- Bilingual, bicultural services in English and Spanish
- Services for traumatized children and their non-offending family members at no cost
- Assessment and treatment services for children ages 1 through 17
- Specialized assessment and treatment services for very young children ages 1 to 6
- Child-friendly forensic interviews and evaluations
- Ongoing affordable training(s) for parents and professionals
- Prevention programs and support services for at-risk children and families
DCAC relies on grants and donations in order to provide no-cost assessment and treatment services to children in need. We need your help. Make your donation today.